Friday 28 September 2012

A few things...


  • I don't fancy drinking the tap water out here, apparently there are agricultural chemicals in the water. It's good that bottled water is cheap - 6 x 2l bottles for just over 1€ - the problem is walking back to the house with it. From now on, I'll buy a few bottles at a time, it'll only cost a few cents more.
  • I now own a cheque book. This makes me feel like an adult. Even better, each cheque has a photo from somewhere around the world. How cool is that?!
  •  Even the smallest of conversations can help boost confidence in a second language.
  • I don't like the idea that I'm going to have to go to a launderette to do my washing, but again, it'll be something different to try out.
  • I feel like I survived my first meeting with my responsable and other colleagues in the school, more to come on that.
  • I miss having an ensuite.
  • Oven trays seem to be almost non-existent over here. You know, the small flat metal things you put food on and then put that in the oven? Non?
  • Lined paper also doesn't seem to be something that is known to the French. It's weird what you miss when living abroad. I'm sorry, but writing on squared paper is just wrong, that's for maths.

1 comment: