Sunday 15 July 2012

A roof over my head at last...

Accommodation is sorted, so I've had a few days chilling. I've also applied for housing benefits, pretty sure I've filled for application in wrong, but at least I've got the ball rolling instead of leaving it until September and still not knowing what to do with it. The landlord guy who isn't actually the landlord anymore went to the post office for me and asked about a bank account. Apparently, I can't set one up from home, but I'm going to try anyway, just in case the bank over there said that just so I'd have to be a customer of theirs. Cynical, I know, blame my father.

This is where I'll be living for about 8 months from September. Part of me is skeptical about the reasonable price considering it includes TV, WIFI and 'unlimited' telephone calls to landlines in Europe. Hum... oh well, I'll have a roof over my head, and for now, that's all that matters (I do not own this photo).

I've also had a reply from my other responsable, who welcomes me 'in' Lannion and tells me that there will be a second assistant in the college with me, they're from Germany. I'll reply to them tomorrow and I have to say, I'm going to be so embarrassed if they turn out to be male. They're name is Yves, and my head turned that into the same as 'Eve', therefore, they've got to be female. Yes...

No comments:

Post a Comment